How Atomized Mists Can Help in Dust Suppression
One of the most important aspects in a construction site is dust suppression. It is necessary to have a robust approach in managing the dust that is generated by the construction activities. This is important to maintain a healthy work environment.
There are several approaches by which it will be possible to suppress the dust that is present. For instance, companies like BossTek have their dust control systems that produce atomize mists. How exactly will this help in dust control? Keep on reading to know more.
What is an Atomized Mist?
Basically, an atomized mist refers to what is being generated by equipment with a nozzle that is capable of producing millions of tiny water droplets. In turn, these droplets are the ones that are responsible for suppressing dust. The diameter of these droplets is just a bit larger than the hair of humans. The mist traps the dust and particles that come with it, providing an effective measure of control, especially in the construction site.
The use of atomized mist is recommended even by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In fact, according to the EPA, misting systems are important in maintaining air quality, especially in terms of controlling dust and odor.
Benefits of Atomized Mists
To help you understand how atomized mists can help in controlling and suppressing dust, below are some of its benefits:
- It Offers Airborne and Surface Suppression: With the use of atomized mists, it does not matter whether the dust is airborne or on the surface. Regardless, it will be effective in dust suppression.
- It is Flexible: There are many forms by which an atomized mist is designed. For instance, one of the most common would be in a fixed tower mount. It can also be installed in a mobile carriage, which will be great in terms of portability. Some also have industrial fans and booster pumps to intensify its coverage.
- It Has Incredible Coverage: Even if you have to control dust in a large area, there is no need to worry as the surface coverage of atomized mists is generous. It may look like a small machine at first, but you may end up being surprised with how huge it can cover within just a short span of time.
- It is Easy to Use: Another advantage of using atomized mists for dust suppression is the fact that it is user-friendly, although this will highly depend on the equipment that you are using. In most cases, this can be accomplished without requiring too much on your end.
- It Is Affordable: If you need to use atomized mists for dust control in a variety of applications, there is no need to spend a lot of money on buying brand-new equipment. There are many companies that will allow you to have it leased or rented.
In sum, atomized mists have revolutionized dust suppression. They made it possible to effectively get rid of dust without the need to invest in costly and complicated technologies.