What is DTH broadband?
DTH Broadband is a form of digital spectrum broadcast that allows more TV channels on the same bandwidth with greater clarity. We explore how you can get one for your home.
Watching TV at the end of a hard day of work is one of the pleasures of your life. You like to catch up on the news, watch a sitcom and maybe browse channels for a movie to unwind with. Weekends are spent binge watching all the TV shows you missed, or staying up to watch an exciting football match or a car racing event.
Then you hop over to a neighbour’s house to admire his new plasma TV – and you are blown away not just by the huge flat screen TV but by the picture clarity. Your neighbour says that the picture clarity is down not just to the TV set, but to the DTH connection he has just purchased for the TV. ‘It comes with an HD set top box,’ he says.
You come back to watch your own TV – and now you realise how much you’ve been comprising on picture quality and number of channels with your cable TV connection. It’s time for you to get a new DTH connection for your home.
How DTH works
DTH (Direct To Home) is a satellite television technology broadcasting process. It is intended for use in private homes or commercial spaces. It is a far superior technology than cable TV distribution services, since it provides better quality of transmission signals and much more numbers of TV channels.
DTH is actually the process by which satellite signals are received on your TV set through a personal dish antenna installed in a convenient spot. The geostationary satellites compress the signals in a digital format instead of an analogue one, and these are encrypted and beamed before being transmitted to dish antennae inside individual consumers’ homes or offices.
A DTH connection transmits channels over a wider range of frequencies – these comprise both audio and video signals. DTH technology normally offers a mix of free and paid channels in both SD and HD format, with customers being free to choose the monthly mix of channels across different genres of programming.
So which DTH connection should you get?
Now that you have understood what DTH technology is and how it can provide you with a superior TV viewing experience, it is time to get a new DTH connection for your home.
However, with so much variety amongst competing DTH providers, which one should you choose? We suggest opting for a new DTH connection from Airtel. Here’s why:
- You get DVD quality video with the new DTH connection from Airtel.
- Airtel has the best DTH plans across all providers at the moment. Affordable, inclusive and flexible, the DTH plans offer you complete freedom to watch what you want without compromising on picture quality or reception. You will not face network stutters or channel outages during bad weather with Airtel DTH.
- Airtel has a quick, hassle-free installation process. The new DTH connection is also easy to use, with just one remote control for the TV set and the set top box.
- Your new DTH connection offers you a huge variety of channels to choose from, across different genres and languages.
- Airtel regularly adds more channels to its packs, giving you greater flexibility to watch leading channels. You can add new channels to your existing pack.
- The monthly DTH recharge can be done using the myAirtel app or the Airtel website, in just a few easy steps.
- Airtel DTH offers one of the fastest softwares across DTH providers today – the channels load quickly when you start your TV, and switching between channels is also faster and easier.